Worth

Monday, November 3, 2014

  
via Pinterest
 
  As I was praying and thinking about something to talk about for today, I felt like God placed something on my heart. 
 
Something so many women struggle with (myself included!) is self-esteem. It doesn't even have to be merely about your outward appearance, (although we all know that is a very real issue) it can also be about your abilities, talents, or skills.
 
I'm going to be candid today - I don't always use the nicest words about myself.
 
I don't just comment on a feature I dislike - I dissect myself, leaving no feature, talent, or skill criticized.
 
Guess what?  
 
That's not what God does when He sees me! That's not what He does when He sees you! Those words and thoughts? Are from the devil! He is a liar and wants you to see yourself as imperfect, and useless, and flawed.
 
God calls you beautiful. He says that you are PERFECT. You are necessary, useful, special, amazing, talented, flawless, equipped, and blessed.
 
I repented for the way I've been talking about myself. Going forward, I'm going to focus less on what I dislike about myself and focus more on God. The closer I get to Him, the clearer my self-image becomes.
 
Encourage a sister today. Send her a message telling her how special she is. Call her and build her up. Shoot her a text! We're all in this together, girls. Instead of talking badly about ourselves, let's edify someone else. The more love you spread, the more love you feel.
 
 He doesn't see you the way you see yourself. He sees the beautiful creation that He spent so much time on. Every feature, every facet of your character is designed specifically by Him. YOU ARE A MASTERPIECE! :)
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment